Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Target Ad Misprint - In Your Favor!


Target Sale Controversy in the Coupon World!  So, if you're following any extreme couponers, you probably saw their excitement leading up to this Sunday's Target add - for the deal that says buy any 1 select multi-pack of Colgate or Crest Toothpaste of Orab-B toothbrushes, get a $5 gift card.  Well, it was a misprint - it was supposed to be buy "any 3" not "any 1."

Target is honoring the printed add deal - if you ask, at certain stores.  I had to go check it out myself before reporting it, but the Buffalo store was no problem.  I brought my add to the service counter, and the lady made a quick walkie call and said to tell the cashier that so-and-so approved the deal for me.

Why is this such a big deal?  I got a 2-pack of Colgate Ultra White toothpaste for $ .24 after gift card discount.  Here's the break down:

2-pack of Colgate Ultra White toothpaste:  $5.99
$ .75 coupon
Total: $5.24
PLUS received a $5 gift card

I split this into 2 transactions - so my next transaction, I bought a few other things and after using coupons and my gift card, it cost me $1.63.

Basically got $56 in merchandise for only $7.05 which includes a lot of Bounce dryer sheets.

Oh - and they were out of the 5-count Zyrtec, so couldn't use my overage, which would've taken my total down another $1.64.

No comments:

Post a Comment