I spent a bit of time planning a trip to Target today. I think it's best for me to go later in the week, after all the deals are known a little more and the unadvertised sales are more known. I had originally planned on $42 sale for about $10. But I ended up with 3 transactions, $144.51 in total for $31.13, 78% savings.
And how do I feel about this shopping trip? I spent too much and blew my budget and some for next week. But shouldn't I be happy that I saved 78%? Yes and no.
I did a good job in saving lots of money, but I spent over 3 times what I had planned. However, I hadn't updated my spreadsheet the last couple of days, just added on a few more deals. So maybe I didn't have the right totals. I also want to spend less then $10 per store per week, which this one went way past. I guess I'll have to chalk this one up to experience.
There were a few things that I got that weren't on my list, too such as pickles, garbage bags and paper towels. Here's the rundown on what I got with the amounts after coupons and deals:
- 2 boxes of Wheat things $1.50 ea
- 2 Schick Skintimate shave gel $ .85 ea
- 9 Schick Quatro razors 3 pack -$.01 each
- 4 Colgate mouthwashes $ .25 ea
- 2 Almay eye make up removers -$ .53 ea
- 2 Up & Up kitchen trash bags 50 pack $ 2.14 ea
- 2 rolls Up & Up paper towles $ .50 ea
- MP Bagels $ .84 ea
- Glad trash bags $1.14
- Up & Up paper plates $.58 ea
- 6 boxes Honey Bunches greek yogurt cereal $1.49 ea
- 2 boxes Hersheys Cookies & Cream Cereal $1.89 ea
- Received 2 - $5 gift cards for the cereals
- 2 jars Vlassic garden pickles $1.91 ea
- Cambell's Go Soup -$.30
- 2 Starbucks iced coffees $ .50 ea
- 2 packs Stoneyfield greek yogurts $2.59 ea
- MP pasta sauce & box of noodles $.66 ea
- MP chunk cheeses $2 ea
The funny part was my last transaction. Because you can only use 4 like coupons in a transaction, I had to split my Schick razors into 3. The cashier forgot to give me my bag credits on the 2nd transaction, so she applied it to the last one. I quickly grabbed a candy bar because Target isn't supposed to give overage. My total came to $ .01 and she gave me the penny! She said she's never seen that before. Neither have I, at Target.
Well, I am pretty tired now and it's time to put the rest of this stuff away. Hopefully there won't be as many deals next week so I can take a break.