Sunday, March 9, 2014

Wagging for Walgreens


Today, my dog and I went shopping at Walgreens.  He had to stay in the car, but he was sure to sniff my coupons and nose my bags when I came out.  Finally, a beautiful day and a score of a haul at Wags, I mean Walgreens.  (The pic above was taken last summer, but the view was the same.)

All I needed was Tylenol but you know that I had to get other stuff to get them for a good price.  I took
advantage of the in-ad coupon - purchase $25 and receive 5,000 points.  You can do this BEFORE manufacturer coupons but after store discounts and taxes.  I ended up with over $50 in stuff for less than $15 OOP plus received about 13,000 BR and $3.50 RR so it made it all about even.  It was in 2 transactions of $25 each so I could earn more points.  I also had 3 - $1.50 RR from last week to start with.

There's a few items that turn out to be free or nearly free after coupons and/or points.  This is a good deal to take advantage of now with the extra points coupon, and it runs through 3/11 so don't wait.  Inventory may get low on the good stuff too.

Here's some things you might want to get for this deal:

  • Jergens Natural Glow lotion trial size on sale for $1.99, use $2/1 SS 3/2 (will need to be adjusted) = FREE
  • Colgate Total, the ones with the RR deal $3, use $1.50/1 coupons.com or $1/1 SS 3/9, get back $2 RR = FREE or $ .50 MM
  • Starbucks refreshers (fridge) 2/$3, use 2 - $1/1 coupon I posted about here (don't take more than a couple), get back 1,000 BR = FREE after points
  • Fiber One Bars or Nature Valley Bars $2.50, buy 2, use 2 - $1.25/1 coupons I posted about on facebook, get back 500 BR wyb 2 = $1 each wyb 2
  • Wet N Wild select items $1, some items are 25% off, use $1/1 RP 3/9 = FREE or nearly free
  • Bic razors, b1g1 1/2, use $3/1 SS 3/9 to get them free or nearly free, the men's are always cheaper
  • Rimmel cosmetics - 50% off, regularly priced $1.75 and up, use $1/1 RP 2/9
Pints of Good & Delish Ice Cream in Vanilla and coffee flavored are $ .29 each as they are nearing their expiration date.  These may not count toward your total because they are dairy, but it's a good deal anyways.

This is a great time to use your free Mars Snickers bar coupon to boost your total, or any other free manufacturer item coupon.  I also had $2/1 box of Kashi cereal coupons that was sent to me as a birthday gift to get 2 boxes for $ .50 each.  And I did a mental facepalm today at the Buffalo store, I didn't think they had Wet N Wild.  But there it was, at the end of the first aisle on the right.

So you could possibly get $25 in items, pay nothing but tax and get 5,000 points back, depending on your coupons.  It's kind of a crazy and wonderful sale.  When we got home, my dog and I did the "free stuff dance" and there was lots of wagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment